I haven’t stitched all week because of concerns with the wildfires here.
I haven’t made a lot of progress on cross stitch projects over the last month. I’ve only worked on two projects (after I finished a wedding gift and got it in the mail). The Norfolk Diligence Sampler still isn’t getting much attention. It was here last time you saw it:
I was hoping to have this row completed by now, but haven’t worked on it this week at all. Here it is now:
I’m hoping I can get back to stitching next week and finish this row. The green lines across the bottom are the tops of the 5 octagons that will finish the sampler. I also have to stitch the border across the bottom. All the work inside the octagons is done over 1 thread and I know that will be slow going for me.
I also worked on my stocking. Here it is today:
The toe is now finished and all the backstitching is done except for the cat’s blue collar. I’ve started moving to the right toward the heel now. The red at the bottom is a large red gift box that will have a sleeping cat on top.
Yesterday, when things looked and felt better around here concerning the fire, I decided I should try to do some stitching. Nothing grabbed my attention, so I pulled out something new. It’s called Love You Still from Glendon Place.
I’ve changed all the colors and it will be stitched in blue for the lettering and rust/gold/golden brown colors with the decorations around the outside. I decided to start in the middle and stitch Love You Still first. I didn’t get very far – for the word you – the O is done and the start of the U.
It’s being stitched on 32 ct sandcastle from Silkweaver.
My mind is so scattered by the fire, emails from my sons, etc. every day – but I’m starting to get 15-20 minutes of focus on stitching a couple times a day. It’s a start.