A needlepoint update at long last! I’ve made progress on three projects, one a finish.
Fancy Hat Snowman #2 – finished last night. No fancy stitches, since I’m still working my way back after a long break. This is by C.A.Huckaby.
And I’ve been working on the Teddy Bear Stocking. I finished the bottom section, except for the candy canes. Since I’m working on a scroll frame, I can’t do the beads on the candy canes until the rest of the stocking is done. I tried several different stitches for the bear, but his feet and legs are so small that I gave up, tore everything out and just used Basketweave.
Then I started on the middle section. The bear is being stitched with Interlocking Gobelin over 2 threads. One leg is completed already and it moves along well. The rocking chair showing on the right side is done and there is a little more to do on the left. I’ve started the background using Nobuko stitch. I decided to just do all of it in one color of blue, easier for me since I’m behind schedule on this.
And, finally, I’ve made some progress on my Persian Qum rug. It’s slow going, but is now getting about 3 hours of attention each week. In the rust colored arch, I’ve added another set of small flowers and filled in more background. The border for the arch is taller as well. In the center, I have one set of flowers done (leaves still to stitch) and will start on the right side this week. You won’t see him again for a couple of months – that’s how long it take to make visible progress.
A final word – I started this blog 10 years ago, come October. So I feel it’s time to let it go. I’ll be shutting it down in October. Thank you for 10 wonderful years!