Ghiradelli Square by Peter Ashe – Finale

When I showed this to you at the end of May, I had a ton of sky to stitch, the clock tower, and the sign. I finished it all this morning. Here’s the top:

It took 4 skeins of floss to stitch all the Woven stitch. I estimate that I used about 10 full skeins of Vineyard Silk and Pepper Pot Silk to stitch the entire piece. The partial skeins that I still have will be used when I get around to stitching Lombard Street by Peter Ashe (not any time soon unfortunately).

Here is the entire piece:

This is 14″ square. It was started in February of 2014 and then put away after I had stitch the striped awning, the roof of the gazebo and the small light terra cotta building just above it. I pulled it out the beginning of March of this year and it is now completed.

For those who have not been to San Francisco, this is a “collage” of Ghiradelli Square. It’s a very large block of buildings, but they are all represented here. The look and feel are very San Francisco. The sign is actually done in white!

Christmas Ornament #4

When I was working on Hometown Holiday pieces, my DH said he loved the little red truck parked at the Christmas Tree lot. So when I was browsing for Christmas ornaments, I found this little red truck and had to buy it!

I pulled all the red threads from my project bag and handed them to DH and let him choose the red thread he wanted me to use. He passed by all the shiny metallics and went for #5 perle cotton. The wheels are black Pepper Pot using a circle stitch I found on Pinterest, with Kreinik silver Rhodes squares for the centers. The sky is Sparkle Rays using Diagonal Mosaic. The ground was stitched with Terra Cotta silk from Gloriana using Nobuko stitch. The window of the truck was stitched with gray Flair, just simple Satin stitches. The tree was a Needle Necessities green overdye and then  a few white stitches for snow. The clear beads were used for snowflakes.

The canvas is from Marcy on Etsy, stitched on 13 ct.

I”ve already chosen the ornament for June and gathered threads for it. I’ll start on it later in the week.

SaveSave

Tumak by Gitta – Finale

I wanted this done by April 15th, but put the final stitches into the border last night. Not bad.

Here is a photo of the original color scheme by Gitta.

And here is my version:

This was stitched on Congress cloth using #8 perle cotton. I used up two balls completely and about half of the other colors. The overdye was Needle Necessities – one skein was completely used and I needed just one more thread from the second skein to finish it up last night.

I’m thinking that a rectangular pillow would be great on the living room sofa. (I really need to start tackling that stack of finishing!)

Country Cabin Panel Finale

I finished this on Friday evening – two needlepoint finishes in one week!

The Watercolors I used is a little lighter than the one from the pattern, but it still works well. I also substituted Anchor colors for all the #5 perle cottons. Everything was in my stash except the ribbon floss, so lots of threads are now out of my stash.

Cabin Panel Finale

Laura’s patterns are always a joy to stitch. And I love getting another project out of my stash too!

I’ve picked two¬†unfinished projects – one cross stitch and one needlepoint – to work on next downstairs. You’ll see them over the next week or so. And tomorrow I’ll start another needlepoint WIP upstairs as well. There will be lots of new things to see soon.

Anatolia Rug Finale

I wanted to complete this by the middle of this month, so here it is:

Anatolia Finale

18 ct. canvas

11.5″ X 19″

23 skeins of Pepper Pot Silk from Planet Earth Fibers

I love this rug but I have no idea what I’ll do with it. It doesn’t go with anything in my house. But when I design and stitch these rugs, I do my best to keep them close to the original in design and color. I guess I need to set up my stitching room as a rug display room with a rotating schedule of all my rugs.

No idea what I’ll do next. I know the rug I’d like to do next but the design stage is going to take quite a while.

Fall Quilt Finale

First, thank you to all who commented or emailed about Julius. We’re slowly coping – still not much stitching yet, but a little more each day.

I finished the last of the background Monday evening – as easy stitch that I was able to handle. The pattern includes three fall items – acorns, apples, and fall leaves.

 

Fall Quilt finale

I think the leaves should have been larger. When I do the instructions, I’ll try to make them larger and see if that is better.

First Moroccan Stocking Finale

I’ve worked hard on this all week and finished it last night! This has been so much fun to work on and it went quickly as well.

It’s stitched on 18 ct. canvas and is about 16″ tall. I used mostly Pepper Pot Silk but used some Sparkle Rays and Neon Rays + in the triangles row, Neon Rays + and Sprinkles for the pink/green borders around the name, and white Sprinkles in the second thread in the Alicia’s Lace background for the name.

H Stocking finale

I think I need to add another row of white Gobelin over 3 threads at the top to make a better finish. And I need to add several rows of white Basketweave all around it as well. But I still consider it a finish and I’m happy with it! (Waiting to hear from Heather…)

I’ll start the second one in about a week – done in blues and copper.