I’m back to my regular projects now. I haven’t worked on this for two weeks, so it obviously won’t be done this month.
Since the last band is also a large one and starts on the page with the bottom of the manor house and then on to the whole last page, I’ve decided to break things up a little. I’m going across the top of the band, working on the smaller motifs first. This still means I have to switch back and forth between two pages, but it’s working okay so far.
Page 7 has the crown and the bird’s head and the top two colors of the tree. The rest of the bird and tree are on Page 9. This is what I’ve completed since Sunday. I’m also working on the side border a little each day. When this much of the last border is done, I’ll be back to show you. There are several more kinds of motifs in this row that I need to figure out.
The bottom of the last band is 5 octagon medallions – 4 of which have designs done over 1 on this piece of 40 ct. linen. The words that were stitched months ago took a long time and this will be no different. I’m already having a little trouble working on the 40 ct. with over 2 stitches. I guess this is the last thing I’ll stitch on this count of fabric.
The manor house band is finally complete!!
Only one more band to go and it isn’t as dense as this one. But there are several areas where the design is done over one thread and I know that will definitely slow me down. Would love to have this completed next month.
It has taken a full month, but the left side of the manor is now complete!
The last 4-5 stitches on the right side of the front door are actually on the next page, but I wanted to be able to do the backstitching on the whole door, so finished enough to accomplish that. The left side of the grass is stitched using the Closed Herringbone stitch and an overdyed dark green thread. And all the steps are completed – again some from the next page.
I’ll work on the right side now and then I’ll have just one more band to do and the bottom border. I can’t wait to have this one completed. I love it and want to get it framed and hung up somewhere in my home – not sure where just yet.
Finally finished Page 6!
I’ve pulled out Pages 7-8 and will work on the top half of these pages to finish the manor house, the steps leading to the front door, and the grass across the bottom of this large band. The rest of the plant on the left has been started – just need to finish the flowers. I’ll alternate stitching the border on the left with the first section of the first floor of the manor below the small roof on the left. The bottom of the manor is even with the bottom of the plant. That’s my goal for this week.
When the manor house is complete, I’ll be able to start the final band and the bottom border. Still quite a ways off – 6 pages done and 4 to go.
It’s been a couple months since you saw this piece, and I still haven’t finished Page 6. The top floor of the mansion is finished. I have backstitched the three chimneys and added two rows of light brown from Page 7 so I could outline the first window and its shutters. I just couldn’t wait to see how it would look. The rest will get done when the house is finished – when Pages 7 and 8 are done. I’ve also stitched most of the flowers on the right side border. I have one more white flower to stitch. I have to put the white petals on another one as well.
I’m working on the night sky and moon too. The moon is done and I hope to get the rest of that done this weekend.
Besides finishing the night sky and one more white flower, there are still a couple more little details to the right of the small roof – plants, but a little different from the ones on the left. This panel with the house is all I’ve worked on this year so far and I can’t believe how slow it’s going. I just don’t have as much time to stitch right now.
Page 5 in now finished! I did all of the rooftop for the manor house, even though part of it was on Page 6. It was just easier this way.
You can see that I have a LOT to do on Page 6, starting with the outer border. I’m hoping I can get it all of Page 6 done by this time next month.
There is a lot of backstitching to do on the manor house, but the instructions say not to do that until the entire manor house is complete. Onward!
After putting Father Christmas away, I pulled this project out to finish this year. I haven’t worked on it since December of 2015. Here’s where I had stopped at that point:
Actually, there was a little more done on the side borders. I’m now working on the large band with the manor house which has the roofs on pages 5-6 (what I’m working on now) and finishes with pages 7-8.
The middle of the design runs through the beige section of the chimney. The sky on the left side is completely done. When the rooftops and chimneys are done on these two pages, I’ll stitch the night sky on the right side and continue the side border on that side. It’s good to be working on this again. I’m enjoying it a lot.