I’ve been working on this on and off for a while and decided Saturday that I should just get him finished. Here is Fancy Hat #1.
The beige is Soy Luster, the turquoise band is Neon Rays and all the Mosaic stitches on the hat are Kreinik braid. The white Daisy stitches and Mosaic stitches on the face are Petite Sparkle Rays, the cheeks in Satin stitch are regular Sparkle Rays, the nose is Diagonal Mosaic stitched with floss. The eyes and the mouth are large black beads (size 8, I think). I have larger black beads and maybe should have used the larger ones for the eyes but I don’t want to change them now. I’ll keep that in mind for the others.
I bought 3 of these, so I still have one that is all blues and one that is red and green. Those two will be stitched and put away for grandchildren. This one is MINE! LOL
I’ll have another piece finished and ready for hanging by the end of the week. And the wedding shower gift was mailed today so I’ll be able to show that to you next week. I’m slowly getting a few things done.
Evenings have been too warm lately for much stitching. It was 106 on Sunday. But I finally finished the last few details on the back side of this house ornament.
Last time, I had the roof done and had just started on the yellow walls using Brick stitch. The baby carriage was stitched using Tent stitch. The wheels are black Kreinik ribbon and the spokes are Kreinik silver #8 braid.
The heart is dark red Grandeur and it took at least 5 tries to make it look like a heart using a Rhodes Heart stitch. The balloon is Tent stitch using bright pink and white Petite Sparkle Rays. The teddy is done in all silk threads, except for his green bow which is Mandarin Floss.
I’ve started the first of the two sides now. They are smaller and should go a lot faster. There’s no hurry for this so I try for just 1-2 hours a week.
When I was working on Hometown Holiday pieces, my DH said he loved the little red truck parked at the Christmas Tree lot. So when I was browsing for Christmas ornaments, I found this little red truck and had to buy it!
I pulled all the red threads from my project bag and handed them to DH and let him choose the red thread he wanted me to use. He passed by all the shiny metallics and went for #5 perle cotton. The wheels are black Pepper Pot using a circle stitch I found on Pinterest, with Kreinik silver Rhodes squares for the centers. The sky is Sparkle Rays using Diagonal Mosaic. The ground was stitched with Terra Cotta silk from Gloriana using Nobuko stitch. The window of the truck was stitched with gray Flair, just simple Satin stitches. The tree was a Needle Necessities green overdye and then a few white stitches for snow. The clear beads were used for snowflakes.
The canvas is from Marcy on Etsy, stitched on 13 ct.
I”ve already chosen the ornament for June and gathered threads for it. I’ll start on it later in the week.
I finally have another ornament completed. This is the last of the ornaments that have been in my stash for several years waiting for me to get to them.
The body was stitch in Basketweave with black Fyre Werks. Frye Werks was also used for the blue and white parts of this hat and scarf. Neon Rays + for the red parts and outlined with dark red Grandeur thread. His tummy is Petite Sparkle Rays. The hat is French Knots and the shoes are Basketweave using Pebbly Perle.The skis are #5 perle cotton, outlined with a darker brown. A little silver Kreinik did the spots on the ground and the gray to separate his arms from his body. The snow across the bottom wasn’t there on the canvas, but I felt there should be a little snow -stitched with white Frosty Rays. The background isn’t very visible, but it’s stitched with pale blue #8 Kreinik braid using the T Stitch.
The next ornament to be stitched is one my DH asked for. I’ll let you try to figure that one out (no, it isn’t a train!)
With a new granddaughter due in July and my youngest saying he wants to start his family this year, I’ve been on a bit of a spending spree this month. I want to be able to give the new grandchildren an ornament each year, like I’ve done for the 3 granddaughters I already have. They got their last ones this past December.
These two ornaments I’ve had in my stash for years – since 2012. I wanted to kit up some smaller pieces to stitch while I wasn’t able to get around much the end of that year (hip replacement surgery). The red and white one was stitched then, but the black cat was just barely started. It’s now finished. Both of these ornaments are from Kathy Schenkel.
I wasn’t sure how I would feel in the weeks following surgery, so I stitched this with #5 perle cotton and mostly Basketweave.
I stitched this companion piece with #5 perle and Basketweave as well. I felt this one needed whiskers so I added them with white #4 Kreinik braid. The thread has a metallic filament in it, so it looks greenish. I really like how that turned out.
More ornaments are here and waiting their turn with the needles. And I have 6 more on order from various shops that had trunk sales this month. I’ll stitch them up, probably one a month. As I get the finishing done, I’ll tuck them away in a box until Christmas each year. Then I can select one for each of the new grandchildren. I also want to do some cross stitch ones and Mill Hill beaded ones. I think I’ll be busy for quite a while on this project!