Where has the year gone? I did get 3 WIPs completed this year – My Anatolia rug, Ghiradelli Square, and Tumak. And I completed 6 ornaments and Laura Perin’s Country Cabin Panel. Here is the progress on the 3 projects I am currently working on (some good progress for a change).
My Persian Qum rug – I was here on December 1st:
And I finished here on Friday:
The arch is filled in a little more and I’ve started adding a few leaves on the left side. And I started the vase – about half done now.
My second project is ASOW Tall Ship. I did more of the sky and scrolled up a little more to see the bottom of the canvas, finally.
Almost all of the sky on the left side, behind the rigging, is done and it’s all done in the middle between the masts. I still need to fix the two cross beams (spars?) but I won’t do that until I get the rest of the blue finished. I’m hoping there will be some blue thread left to redo a little of the sky and fix the spars properly. Once I have the sky behind the rigging on the right side, the rest should be easy and finished (hopefully) by the end of the month.
The last project is the ABC for the future granddaughter. I left off on December 1st:
And I finished here last night:
I’m doing the bottom two rows at the same time, working left to right. I know this will be finished by the end of January. Then I can get it framed and sent to DS and DIL for the baby’s room before she arrives the end of February.
Needlepoint Plans for 2018 will be posted tomorrow.
I love it when a plan comes together! I needed another way to stitch the sky behind all those rigging lines. It was making me ignore the canvas completely. After a month of not stitching on it, a plan began to form.
I finished all the masts down to the next level and then added the rigging lines, LONG lines. I started below the next cross beam and went up one line and then down another line, leaving long threads hanging off the bottom of the canvas. When all the rigging lines were in place all the way across, I started working on the sky by pulling all the lines on the left side up a little and moving them out of the way.
This made it very easy to get all the sky stitched without the hassle of all those threads in the way. When the section of sky behind the rigging was completed (all done this morning), I just pulled the threads at the bottom and it’s all done!
You can see that some of the threads are still pulled a little in the middle. I’ve left the hanging threads quite long because I don’t know where these rigging lines go next. I’m hoping that I have enough thread to finish them up when I scroll the piece up.
Next Friday and Saturday I’ll move all the threads from the middle and the right side and get all that sky stitched. Then it will be on to the rest of the sky, which will move quickly.
I haven’t looked at the photo of the whole piece in quite a while, so I’m looking forward to scrolling the canvas up and seeing what else needs to be done. I can see the beginning of the actual boat at the very bottom. I think that is the beginning of the Poop Deck.
There are a lot of cross stitchers who are showing their WIPs on their blogs so we know what they want to accomplish this year. My biggest WIP (the Patchwork Rug) is now completed, so what do I have left? Here’s what I’ll be working on. Mostly needlepoint, but two cross stitch projects that need to get done.
Antique Locomotive Persian Iris Mandala
You already know about the Stofft Santa on a Brown Bear. And another Jim Wurth dodecagon ornament has been started and you’ll see it in another day or two. I have a few others that I can start again after these are done.
Then I have new designs that are planned (and a couple designs are about ready to go). So here are some things to look forward to:
Border Rug – 13 count
Peru rug – 18 count
Madagascar rug – Congress Cloth
Quilt Square – 18 count
10 projects!! I think I should be quite busy for the next 6 months or so. And who knows what else may appear later in the year as well.