I worked on 5 projects over the last month and did fairly well.
1. Father Christmas and Cats – Did more background and finished the tassel on the hat. Did a little more on the face as well. He has now been put away for a while so I can focus on the other projects that have a chance of being completed this year. I’ll get him back out later in the year.
2. Persian Iris Mandala – I have completed the second corner of buildings now. Yeah! I will bead the carpet leading up to the next mosque and get the mosque started this month.
3. Norfolk Diligence Sampler – I have completed all of the verse and the blackwork, so Band 3 is complete. I need to work on the side borders a little and start on Band 4. Hopefully, things will move a little faster with no more words to stitch.
4. Chapter Tile – I wanted the first quarter completed and a small start on the second quarter but ran into problems. When I got to the center (lower right), the design was off by one stitch. I need to find the error, if possible, and get it corrected. Or I can start the next quarter and deal with the center when I get to it next time. Maybe I can alter the center of the design to make it work?
5. Bright Sea Village Express – I’ve started on one side of the car now. I’m working on the side of the car and the back/top/front side by side on the fabric. So far the side only has a door, but it’s a start. I would like to finish the first car this month. We’ll see how much stitching time I can find.
I drive myself crazy with about 7 projects going at once. I don’t know how you all keep 20 or more projects going. I need to work on my needlepoint projects too – Christmas presents need to be started soon!